Thursday, September 4, 2014

Room 16 Soundtrack

This week has been crazy. I had intake conferences in the a.m. before school and after school this week plus a staff meeting this afternoon. Intake conferences are valuable to learn about my students and show that I care about creating a partnership between home and school, but they are time consuming. In addition, I have been working to get my math workshop prepared for launch next Monday. When I have more time, I will write about that! We start self directed learning tomorrow and the fifth grade team loved the idea. We are all doing it and kids from different fifth grade classes may decide to work together if they have common interests. Fun collaboration!

So, with all this going on, it is Thursday, and I don't have a blog entry ready, revised and edited. I have three drafted, but need more time with them. 

I have decided to reflect on one aspect of my classroom that is off and running. Music! I am teaching like a pirate and using songs for many different purposes in my classroom. I will write more details about the purposes and benefits of using music regularly in the classroom in another blog when I have more time. In this entry, I am simply going to list my class favorites so far. All are available on ITunes! These are songs my fifth graders love, and I highly recommend them! I continue to search for great songs for quiet seatwork time, as well as for transitions and movement breaks. The search continues!

- Vivaldi/Four Seasons
- Come With Me Now/Kongos
- Dynamite/ Taio Cruz
- Happy/ Pharrell Williams
- ABC/ Jackson 5
- I Want You Back/ Jackson 5
- My School Rocks/ Phat Jams
- We Are One/ Phat Jams
- Pompeii/ Bastille
- Safe and Sound/ Capital Cities
- Shining Star/ Earth, Wind, and Fire
- Everything is Awesome/JoLi (Lego movie)
- Ooh Child/The Five Stairsteps/ Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack)
- Without You/ David Guetta (became a whole class sing along today while they cut their times tables flash cards!)



No comments:

Post a Comment