Friday, April 19, 2013

Boston: Surreal April Vacation

I am "shelter in place" in Waltham right now as the second bomber is loose, armed and dangerous. My thoughts go to Monday, when we go back to school after this traumatic vacation.

Unfortunately, we as teachers recently had to face trying to control the talk of the Sandy Hook tragedy in our classroom since we didn't know how much the parents wanted their kids to know. I think this is a similar situation.

Worries: Were any of my students at the marathon or did any know people who were injured/killed? Fifth graders are going to talk. Many will know a lot about this on Monday. Some will have been sheltered from the information completely.

I hope everyone stays safe and I am so sorry for those who are suffering or have passed on due to these horrible acts.

Teaching has never been so complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment